Today I am going to share with you some of my favorite paper crafting tools. I have been scrapbooking, stamping and paper crafting for over 15 years and have wasted my hard earned dollars on many products that did not live up to my expectations. But I have also wisely invested in several tools that have become must-haves for me. So here is my Top Ten Picks for Paper Crafting tools.
- Stampin’ Up! Tabletop Paper Cutter, Item #106959, $45.95 I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I have probably purchased more than a dozen paper cutters/trimmers. I just could not find one that gave me a smooth, clean cut and fit in my craft space. But my search came to an end when I bought the Stampin’ Up! Tabletop Cutter. It is the perfect paper cutter for me! I have had it for about 6 years and it sees near daily use. It cuts beautifully and I love that it is slimmer than a full size 12×12 cutter, it takes up so much less room on my work surface. It is a little pricier than some cutters, but well worth the few extra dollars!
- Stampin’ Up! Simply Scored, Item #122334, $29.95 I have owned several scoring boards, by several different companies. The Simply Scored is my newest and also my favorite full size scoring board. I love the sturdy feel of this board, as well as the 1/8 ” score lines. Another great feature of this board is the place markers. These little flags are especially useful when making multiples of the same measurement. I also appreciate that the Simply Scored comes with a double-ended stylus for scoring, much better than the standard bone folders. One more thing I love about the Simply Scored is the new Diagonal Plate, Item #125586, $11.95. The diagonal plate sits securely right on top of the Simply Scored and makes beautiful diagonal scores every 1/8″, perfect for making envelopes, scored backgrounds and all kinds of 3D projects. Honestly, I can’t think of anything I don’t like about the Simply Scored!
3. Stampin’ Up! Heat Tool, Item #129053, $29.95 I have only owned 2 heat tools, but I have used several others in classes I have taken. My first heat tool was an inexpensive one from a craft store. I was never happy with it, took forever to heat up, took forever to emboss, with inconsistent results. I purchased the Stampin’ Up! Heat Tool and never looked back. The first thing I love about it is that it heats up quickly. I am pretty impatient, so this is important to me. It is also hotter than other heat tools I have used. And I love that the new models have 2 settings and a safety guard on the tip. Yes, I have burned myself once or twice, so this is a must-have feature!
4. The New Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Scrub, 126200, $16.95 I have to admit that I was not a huge fan of the old Stampin’ Scrub. Although it worked well, in my opinion, it was poorly designed. The hinge did not stand up to regular use and the clips that held the pads in place broke easily. Because of this I had to replace my Stampin’ Scrub regularly. I had high hopes for the newly redesigned Stampin’ Scrub and it did not disappoint, I really love the changes they made! First and foremost, the hinges are vastly improved, much wider and sturdier. The surface area of the cleaning pads are much larger, especially useful for cleaning background stamps and unmounted wheels. The pads are also denser for easier cleaning. Another huge improvement is the silicone feet that hold the Stmpin’ Scrub in place, love that feature. I am so happy I decided to order a new Stampin’ Scrub, definitelty worth the investment!
5. SCOR-BUDDY Mini Scoring Board, $19.95 Next up is the Scor-Buddy Mini Scoring Board. I really love this little board, it is the perfect size to keep on my desk and I use it for nearly all my card scores. I also have the Mini-Mat, which I keep in my Scor-Buddy when not in use. I use it all the time for quick measurements and to line up mats and card elements. And I have to give a shout out here to Scor-Pal for their great customer service! My first Scor-Buddy had a loose mechanism for holding the score tool, so I contacted Diana at Scor-Pal about getting a replacement mechanism. Not only did she replace my Scor-Buddy, she sent along A Mini-Mat and extra score tool for my trouble. How’s that for fabulous customer service! I love my Scor-Buddy, a great product from a great company!